Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape is a pre-cut collagen membrane designed for the treatment of extraction sockets. The new membrane is based on the Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio technology: enhanced stiffness lengthens the time available for exact positioning; this is a big plus for your application comfort.
- Convenient: New shape specifically for ridge preservation13
- Easy handling and application comfort: Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio technology for enhanced stiffness13
- Ready-to-use: Reduces preparation time13
- Significantly more bone formation when Geistlich Bio-Gide® is used to protect the Geistlich Bio-Oss® in a defective extraction socket1
- Perelman-Karmon et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):459-65.(clinical study)
- Avila-Ortiz G, et al. J Dent Res. 2014;93(10):950-8.(systematic review)
- Morjaria KR, et al. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2014;16(1):1-20.(systematic review)
- Horvath A, et al. Clin Oral Investig. 2013;17(2):341-63.(systematic review)
- Vittorini Orgeas G, et al. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2013;28(4):1049-61.(systematic review)
- Vignoletti F, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl5:22-38.(systematic review)
- Weng D, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011;4Suppl:59-66.(systematic review)
- Cardaropoli D, et al. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012;32(4):421-30.(clinical study)
- Tan WL, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012;23Suppl 5:1-21.(systematic review)
- Araújo M, et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015;Apr;26(4):407-12.(clinical study)
- Fickl S, et al. J Clin Periodontol. 2008;35:356-363.(pre-clinical study)
- Schlee M, et al. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2009;2(3):209-217.(clinical study)
- Data on File. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland. (Non-clinical)
Ridge Preservation: A predictable solution2-7
With Geistlich Biomaterials considerably more ridge volume is preserved at 4 month after tooth extraction.8
- Around 50% of the alveolar volume is lost over 6 months (horizontal 29-63%, vertical 11-22%).9
- Without supportive bone, the buccal and labial soft tissue in the socket collapses. The natural formation of new bone in the socket cannot compensate for the loss of alveolar volume.10
Ridge Preservation with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen and Geistlich Bio-Gide®
- Avoids further bone augmentation at implant placement in more than 90% of cases.7,8
- Achieves a ridge contour that allows an easier insertion of implants11 or serves as a sufficient basis for bridge restoration12.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape should always be used with a bone graft substitute, such as Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen. Application of Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape membrane is easy:
The tooth is extracted and the usual surgical procedures (curettage, de-epithelization etc.) are undertaken.
The long strap of the Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape should be placed to cover the bony defect of the socket, if present. Thereby the dense surface should face towards the soft tissue, and the rough side should face the defect.
Place the membrane without pre-wetting within the extraction socket.
The defect is filled with a bone grafting material, such as autologous bone or bone substitute (e.g. Geistlich Bio-Oss® / Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen).
To close the extraction socket, both lateral wings of the Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape membrane should be tucked underneath the mucosa, located mesially and distally of the socket.
The upper wing should be tucked lingually / pallatinally in-between the soft tissue and bone wall.
Fixation of the membrane (e.g. mattress suture) on top may be indicated to avoid its displacement due to shear loading or mobilization.
The general principles of sterile handling and patient medication must be followed when using Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape is a unique bilayer collagen membrane made of porcine collagen and based on the Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio technology.
The membrane is available in one size:
- Geistlich Bio-Gide® Shape, 1 membrane, pre-shaped, 14 x 24 mm
Product availability may vary from country to country.